CASSATA SICILIANA CLASS
SATURDAY, MAY 1, 2021
Noon to 2:30pm CDT
Learn to make this beautiful and classic springtime Sicilian dessert. You’ll get recipes and live, guided instruction to make all the components for the dessert – Pan di Spagna sponge cake, ricotta cream, royal icing, and almond paste. Learn how to put it all together and pipe to decorate. As many of the decorative candied fruits are hard to find outside of Italy, Chef Kathy will show you how to decorate, both elaborately or simply, with easy-to-find ingredients.
PLEASE NOTE: Cooking class times listed above are in U.S. Central Daylight Savings Times. Please adjust time for your time zone.
INCLUDED WITH THE CLASS:
- Live 2.5-hour online class via Zoom with full demonstration
- Learn Italian pastry recipes and techniques to make Cassata Siciliana: Pan di Spagna sponge cake, Sicilian-style ricotta cream, imbibing syrup, royal icing, almond paste
- Recipes sent via email in PDF format
- Chef’s tips for avoiding common pitfalls and mastering pastry-making techniques
- As with all our classes, you can choose to cook along with as little or as much as of the class as you’d like.
- Small-group class size – maximum group size is 12 screens per lesson
HOW TO BOOK:
- Click on the “Book Now” button below.
- Make sure to let us know you’d like to book the “CASSATA CLASS” in the message section.
- We’ll send you an electronic invoice and you can make payment via credit or debit card. Class price is $35 per screen with a maximum of 2 people per screen.
- After we’ve received your payment, we’ll send you a confirmation email along with a short shopping and equipment list for those that want to cook along.
- The day before your class, we’ll send you the recipes and the Zoom link to join our live online class.
*Refunds for online classes are not available.