Travel to Italy and France, virtually, through food.
Join Chef Kathy, owner of Food Lover’s Odyssey, in her kitchen (via Zoom) for online Italian and French cooking and pastry classes. From the comfort of your own home, join other Italian and French food lovers to cook together. Learn how to make these favorite dishes from Italy and France. During the class, you can choose to cook along with Kathy or watch and take notes to make the dish(es) later. Either way, there will be plenty of time to ask questions. Kathy will give you chef’s tips to master cooking techniques, so you’ll be able to easily create the dishes again and again. Each class price is $25 per screen, with a 2-person screen limit.
BOOK 5 CLASSES TOGETHER – GET THE 6TH CLASS FREE!
HOW THE ONLINE COOKING CLASSES WORK:
- All classes are $25 and run between 90 minutes and 2 hours (Class times are noted below).
- Book any class now by clicking a “Book Now” button below. Please make sure to let us know which class(es) you’d like to take when completing the booking form.
- You can learn more about the class by clicking the “Learn More” button next to each class below.)
- We’ll send you an electronic invoice and you can make payment via credit or debit card electronically. You can also make payments via Venmo.
- After you’ve booked, we’ll send you a confirmation email along with a short shopping and equipment list for those that want to cook along.
- Two days before your class, we’ll send you the complete recipes in a PDF file and the Zoom link to join our live online class.
- Class size is a maximum of 12 screens, limit of 2 people per screen.
- NOTE: All class times below are stated in U.S. Central Daylight Savings times. Those out of that time zone, should adjust accordingly.
Upcoming Online Cooking Classes
ITALIAN CROSTATA – 2 WAYS
Learn to make TWO classic Italian crostatas during this fun Italian pastry class – Ricotta & Chocolate Chip Crostata and Nonna’s favorite, Marmalade Crostata
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2020
11am to 1:00pm CDT via Zoom
BURGUNDIAN CHICKEN & BISTRO POTATOES
Virtually travel to a bistro in Burgundy wine country while learning to make this chicken dish that includes two stars of the region, white wine and Dijon mustard.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2020
3:00pm to 5:00pm CDT via Zoom
THREE-COLOR TORTELLONI CLASS
Make fresh red, green and egg pasta, fill them with a cheese and spinach filling, and shape them into tortelloni. Learn how to use this pasta-making method for other filled pasta and tagliatelle. Kathy will give you several recipes for sauce options, demonstrating a butter and sage sauce during class.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
Noon – 2:00pm CDT via Zoom
NEAPOLITAN POTATO CAKE
Spend a virtual night in bella Napoli learning to make this delicious potato “cake.” Two layers of creamy mashed potatoes mixed with cheese and salami. These potato layers sandwich more cheese and ham to make a most delicious one-plate meal.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2020
3:30pm – 5:30pm CDT via Zoom
*New classes and more class dates coming soon.*
PRIVATE ONLINE CLASSES AVAILABLE
- Want to bring a group of friends together virtually for a fun cooking class? Chef Kathy also offers private-group, online classes.
- If you’re interested in a private class for any of the classes listed above or a special dish you’ve always had in mind, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
OUR SERIES OF CLASSES:
- FRENCH PASTRY SERIES: Master the art of French pastries with our series of 2-hour classic French pastry workshops. Each workshop will cover a specific dessert: eclairs, macarons, tarts, L’Opera, Fraisier, Charlottes and more. These will be offered on weekend mornings and available for private lessons anytime.
- ITALIAN PASTRY SERIES: Learn classics and regional Italian desserts during these 2-hour “dolci italiani” workshops. Each workshop will cover a specific dessert: Cassata Siciliana, Crostata, Delizia al Limone, Torta Caprese, Tiramisu, etc. These will be offered on weekends and available for private lessons anytime.
- PASTA-MAKING WORKSHOPS: Learn the art of making pasta by hand. Spend a couple hours on Sundays, and occasionally on weekday evenings, learning to make a regional pasta by hand with Chef Kathy. Pair the pasta with a delicious regional sauce.
- REGIONAL DISHES SERIES: These classes will focus on regional dishes from Italy or France. “Taste Amalfi,” “Taste Sicily,” “Taste Provence,” “Taste Burgundy,” etc. The dishes will include 1 or 2 courses of any combination of: appetizer, main course, or easy dessert. These will be offered on weekend afternoons and some weekday evenings.
- MASTERCLASS WORKSHOPS: These classes will focus on a specific cooking technique: risotto, braises, stocks, mother sauces, etc. These will be offered on weekend afternoons and some weekday evenings.
Our online classes came about due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current international travel restrictions and social distancing requirements. This is our way of traveling virtually to Italy and/or France through food.